The ZQuiet is different from a lot of the anti-snoring mouthpieces on the market in that it completely skips the boil-and-bite fitting method. Instead, you receive two sizes of the mouthpiece with every order. The mouthpieces aren’t adjustable, but each size offers a different amount of jaw advancement.
This mouthpiece has a top and bottom plate that are hinged, so you can open and close your mouth naturally during sleep.
How Does the ZQuiet Mouthpiece Work?
The ZQuiet mouthpiece works on the principle of mandibular advancement, in other words, it moves your lower jaw slightly forward. This should result in an immediate reduction in snoring if your snoring is caused by your throat relaxing too much at night and obstructing your airway. That partial obstruction leads to tissue vibration that causes snoring sounds.
Unlike the majority of other mouthpieces, the ZQuiet doesn’t require any preparation. You don’t have to mold the mouthpiece to your teeth using the boil and bite method. Just take it out of the box and start using it.
Everyone who orders the ZQuiet receives two mouthpieces. Size One is for a slight jaw advancement. The second mouthpiece, Size Two, moves the jaw further forward. The manufacturers recommend using Size One first, and the moving on to Size Two if your snoring hasn’t resolved with Size One.
The ZQuiet has a feature they call Living Hinge technology. This allows for natural movement of the mouth during sleep, as well as for an unobstructed airway. The mouthpiece also has molded “airflow posts” that prevent the mouthpiece from closing completely. This allows for free airflow if you breathe through your mouth at night.
Clean your ZQuiet using warm water and mild dish soap. Scrubbing with a toothbrush will achieve the best results, but don’t use toothpaste since it’s abrasive nature can alter the surface of the ZQuiet. After washing with soap, rinse and then store your device in the storage case that comes with it.
Pros & Cons
- No need for boil and bite fitting.
- All customers receive two sizes.
- It gently pulls the lower jaw forward to keep airway obstruction free.
- Allows for breathing through the mouth.
- Allows for natural jaw movement during sleep
- FDA approved as a safe and effective anti-snoring mouthpiece.
- It’s made from smooth, non-irritating material that’s BPA and latex-free.
- It has a 30-day trial period.
- The ZQuiet is easy to clean with a toothbrush and ordinary dish soap.
- The customer has to pay for return shipping if they decide the product isn’t for them. The original shipping and handling fee is also non-refundable.
- It can take some time to get used to wearing this device. Drooling and soreness are typical the first few times you wear the ZQuiet.
- Since it doesn’t have the boil and bite technology, it may not fit every mouth comfortably.
- You can’t wear the ZQuiet if you wear full dentures since it’s teeth that hold the mouthpiece in place during sleep.
- Some customers report that the mouthpiece doesn’t last very long before it needs to be replaced.
About the Company
ZQuiet comes from a company called Sleeping Well, LLC. They’ve been BBB accredited 2014 and have an A rating. This means that you should be able to count on them for excellent customer service. They’re based in Shelburne, VT.
Should You Buy a ZQuiet Mouthpiece?
If you don’t care for the boil-and-bite fit, which can create bulkiness, it may be worth your while to try out the ZQuiet’s 30-day trial. You’ll receive two jaw-placement-related sizes to try. The only thing is that you have to be willing to lose the $9.95 and return shipping if you decide it’s not the right anti-snoring device for you.